
fter finishing my first semester of law school with my sanity and relationship thankfully still intact, winter break was more than welcome. I had a lot of not-thinking, not being in the library, and sleeping to catch up on. Overall, I would say it was a success, except that it came to an end and classes have started again. Alas, to keep myself distracted from the shiny new set of $500+ textbooks I should be reading right now, I will post about my first winter break since undergrad.
After a couple days of the above-mentioned catching up I had to do, the sister and I were off to Upstate New York for a much needed visit with our extended family. It was complete with seemingly infinite pepperoni rolls, sugar cookies, and board games. We even started a never before attempted bowling excursion to spice things up.
 |
| Pie |
 |
| Sugar Cookies |
 |
| Xmas Eve Bowling |
Notice the awesome hats? Those were my gifts to all my cousins for Xmas. Best gifts ever, I know.
After gaining a couple pounds I returned to DC to celebrate the new year. Although New Year's Eve is usually spent with Arya's lovely sister and brother-in-law at their awesome charity black tie event, due to their incoming twins (can't wait for their arrivals!), we had to find somewhere else to celebrate. So we invited our favorite newly married couple and after exploring the 925932405890 options that are available on New Years Eve in DC, we settled on a place on U Street we had never been to before. I made sure to start the night off right with some pretty awesome heels, for which I was also sure to bring spare flats because they were both pretty and pretty painful.
 |
| Showing them off while waiting for the metro. |
The night was an overall success. The most unexpectedly entertaining portion of the night was the metro ride home. Usually the metro closes pretty early in DC, even on the weekends, despite how stupid that seems. On New Year's Eve they thankfully keep it open way past midnight to try and alleviate some of the drunk driving that happens that night/morning. Let me just say that a late night + drunk people + confined spaces + metro movement = a lot of stuff I don't think I'm going to get into. It was definitely... a new experience. That's for sure.
 |
| Favorite Newly Weds Ringing in 2012! |
Overall, 2011 was great. It was filled with so many new experiences-- getting a black belt, law school, competing in a beauty pageant, and so much more. Getting older isn't so bad. I know I have a long ways to go still, but if every new year continues to bring more to experience and learn from then I'm pretty sure I'll be satisfied in life.
0 comments:
Post a Comment