any people, wayyyy too many people in my opinion, believe that shaving makes your hair grow back thicker. I don’t know why, but this ill-founded belief has always been a huge pet peeve. I just can’t understand why people would think that. If you take a moment to think logically about it, people should realize that it just doesn’t make any sense. The hair on the outside of your skin (the only part that a razor blade can reach) is already dead. For something to affect the growth habit of a hair follicle, at the very least, wouldn’t it need to contact the part of the hair that is still developing or contributing to its growth? I guess I will never understand why this is such a widespread belief. I’m also sure that I will continue to get annoyed when people, especially adults, really think about it and still believe that shaving turns people into monkeys.If you’re one of the people that thinks shaving is the culprit behind hairy adults, and not puberty, please look through the following articles for more detailed explanations.
Mayo Clinic: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hair-removal/an00638
Snopes: http://www.snopes.com/oldwives/hairgrow.asp
Today I Found Out:
http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2010/07/shaving-does-not-make-your-hair-grow-back-thicker-or-faster/
I love that you wrote an entire blog post on this topic.
ReplyDeleteYou are so special, my klover.