09 November 2010

Decorating Decisions

The application for the new apartment (just 2 blocks from the metro!) has been approved and I can’t stop myself from planning out every minute decorating detail of every room of the new place. Yes, I'm letting my OCD tendencies (or as Elizabeth would say, "full blown case of OCD") get the best of me...

I will not bore you with EVERY detail I’ve planned out, but a couple won’t hurt. :)

Since most/all of the furniture in the new place will be what’s currently in Arya’s place, we will be sticking with a modern look to match what we have. Because so much is being used from his old place, but we still want a new feel, we will be changing all the details to make it feel fresh.

Overall layout of the cuteness that will be my new home!




FURNISHED! (it's not perfectly to scale and ignore the colors)


Now for the room by room breakdown!

Kitchen:

Nothing really exciting to say about this except that we will have Arya’s amazing spice collection. He is very proud about bringing that to the table, so we must give him some credit, or as he would say… “props.” No food that comes out of this kitchen will ever be bland thanks to my lovely SO.

The best part of the kitchen definitely has to be the big, open breakfast bar. It just opens the whole place up, lots of counter space for everything. It’s probably my favorite part of the whole apartment.

Oh and I will need something to help stop me from loosing my keys... maybe like this?
I'm probably one of the few people who is so awful about losing their keys that even when just looking for them inside my purse it takes me more than 10 mins to eventually find them...
Living/Dining Area:

We just ordered this huge, colorful, and happy painting to hang over the dark gray modern couch and white loveseat
Original Acrylic Painting, Size: 48" x 20" x 0.75" Three 16" x 20" canvases
Throw in some coordinating green, red, or yellow throw pillows on the couch and I think it will give the place a fun/cheerful vibe. 

Bedroom:

We already have black and white framed photographs to bring over to put on the walls to complete the overall black and white theme to this room. Then maybe some deep red curtains to add a little spice? That part is still up in the air, but very likely.

The real problem with the bedroom will be figuring out how to store all of our clothes/shoes. You would think that would just be a problem for the girl in the relationship, but sadly I think Arya might have me beat in the shoe department.

Bathroom:

We have the shower curtain pictured below. Maybe we'll add a couple more mustard yellow towels to bring it all together.


Don't worry, I haven't given away everything! There are still plenty of incentives for everyone to visit me and see it for themselves this December. Of course, the number one reason to see where I will be living is to see me too! Don't forget that. ;)

Oh yeah, and between now and the move-in date, I'm sure a lot of these decisions will have changed 400 times, at least. 

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I have a basket by the door for my keys :)

    ReplyDelete